Why California Dried Fruit Gets a Gold Star
The California Dried Fruit Coalition (CDFC) is working cooperatively to keep these traditional dried fruits at the forefront of the minds of school foodservice administrators and nutritionists as real fruit ingredients and healthy snacks for students of all ages.
Nutritious and Delicious
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- Good source of potassium, iron, calcium and magnesium
- Good source of antioxidants
- Naturally sweet - no added sugars
- Fat-free, sodium-free and cholesterol-free
Meets price requirements for school
Good for breakfast, lunch or snack & meets
cup fruit requirement
Supports the farm to school movement.